Several months ago, I suddenly remembered that we just happen to live about 4 minutes away from the most amazing trails in the Kansas City area. So my Mom and I started walking 3 or 4 times a week and really enjoyed it.
Then my friend Leah of Mamavation invited me to join the 10,000 Steps a Day Challenge with Omron’s help, and I decided to take her up on it. So my Mom and I walked together each morning, and my sister, Laura, and I walked every evening. What a faithful family I have! They made it totally doable for me.
At first I was worried that I would be sadly shy of 10,000 steps, but I was pleasantly surprised by my ability to walk much further than I thought I could. It was so encouraging to be able to watch those steps stack up throughout the day with my shiny new pedometer. And while I didn’t hit the ultimate goal of 10,000 steps every single day, I was very happy with my average of 8,260 steps (or about 4 miles) a day.
I Feel the Difference!
My business requires a whole lot of sitting at a computer, a very long list of to-do’s, and a high level of stress at times. The walking relaxed me, relieved the headaches I get during deadline work, and lowered my stress-induced blood pressure spikes. I also noticed a big difference when my husband and I took the kids to Silver Dollar City and climbed those Ozark hills all day long, running from roller coaster to roller coaster.
My Experience with the Omron Fitness Tri-Axis USB Pedometer
That little pedometer has truly become my sidekick. It goes everywhere with me and has held up under some serious use. I found it to be very accurate and loved being able to click through the memory to compare each day’s step so easily.
It was also fun for my analytics-loving self to be able to plug the pedometer into my USB and instantly see my progress, averages and personal bests in my online Omron dashboard.
Mamavation’s Support Was Super Helpful
The Mamavation team and the other participants really made the difference for me when I was feeling down about my progress. There were days when my dang heels their excruciatingly painful plantar fasciitis just wouldn’t let me walk 10,000 steps. But my teammates were right there, encouraging me from the sidelines – not allowing me to feel that I had come up short.
Latest posts by Alicia (see all)
- 10,500 Reasons to Choose Your Personal Care Products Carefully - August 1, 2014
- Blueberry Kombucha Probiotic Popsicles - July 3, 2014
- 5 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Silverfish - July 1, 2014
- How to Avoid Toxic Chemicals in Food Containers and Kitchen Appliances - June 25, 2014
- In Search of PVC-free Non-Slip Bath Mats - June 22, 2014
Check it Out
Natural Living Tips
- 7 Simple Ways to Boost Your Family’s Natural Immunity
- Xtrema Non-Toxic Cookware is Super Versatile
- No Nonsense Cleaning Ability with Non-toxic ebody Microfiber Spa Collection
- Abeego Beeswax Wraps Make Plastic-free Food Storage Totally Possible
- How Brownies for Breakfast Can Help You Raise a Healthier Teen