Phthalates are found in an extraordinary number of everyday products. While it’s proven that the chemicals leach out of these products in high amounts, there’s still a bit of gray area in tying them, beyond all question, to health consequences. CBS News tackles these questions in the video below discusses. And as always, there are two sides to every story.
In the meantime, we parents are left wondering how best to protect our growing children. Do throw our lot in with the chemical industry, who claims the undeniable safety of phthalates? Or do we take precautions based on the available research? Is it safe to wait for more studies to be completed, risking genital deformities and infertility in our boys at an increasingly alarming level?
I’m sure you know where we stand on this issue. But we want to hear your thoughts as well. Have you decided on a wait and see, or on a precautionary route?
>> You’ll find a large discussion of both sides of the story on the CBS website HERE.
Check it Out
Favorite Safe Products
- 10,500 Reasons to Choose Your Personal Care Products Carefully
- How to Choose PVC-free Pools, Floaties, Toys and Life Jackets
- How Do You Remove Toxic Fragrance Chemicals from Clothes?
- Is BPS the New Mystery Chemical in BPA-free Plastic Food Containers and Cans?
- 7 Ways to Detox Indoor Air and Breathe Easier