We pretty well have the bath toys covered, but what about safe bath tubs and seats? You’ve probably noticed that most of the options out there are marked with a recycling code, making it difficult to know what type of plastic they’re made from.
It turns out there is good news! It appears that you can make a pretty safe choice just by looking at the style of the product:
- It’s probably made from non-leaching plastics (polypropylene or ABS) if it’s hard and formed
- It’s probably made from safer fabric (polyester material and filling) if it’s a machine washable sling-style bath or stuff pillow-like stuffed ring (see the Leachco products below)
- You can safely assume that all inflatable baths should be avoided, because they’re most likely made from PVC.
We did compile a good-sized list for you too! Please note that we didn’t research each and every product made by a particular manufacturer, so don’t assume if one of their products is mentioned here that all of their other bath products are automatically BPA, PVC and phthalate-free too.
Spa Baby Orignial & Eco Recycled Plastic Tub
Prince Lionheart washPOD
TummyTub with Stool
Safety 1st Tubside Bath Seat
Aquababy Bath Ring
Leachco Safer Bather
Leachco Bath n Bumper Tub
Summer Infant Fold n Store Bath Sling
Thermobaby Daphne Infant Bath Seat
Thermobaby Plastic Bathtub
As always, we’ll be adding to this list as we hear back from more manufacturers
P.S. The Puj Baby Bath from EVA foam that has been third party tested to ensure it’s free of formamide.
Any purchase you make from The Soft Landing Shopping Guides helps to support our website, our research, and the free content we provide. If you have an Amazon login, it’s even easier to make a purchase. Thanks for browsing!
Latest posts by Alicia (see all)
- 10,500 Reasons to Choose Your Personal Care Products Carefully - August 1, 2014
- Blueberry Kombucha Probiotic Popsicles - July 3, 2014
- 5 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Silverfish - July 1, 2014
- How to Avoid Toxic Chemicals in Food Containers and Kitchen Appliances - June 25, 2014
- In Search of PVC-free Non-Slip Bath Mats - June 22, 2014