We’ve got the wide range of BPA, PVC and phthalate free bath toys covered, but what about safer baby bath tubs and seats? You’ve probably noticed that most of the options out there aren’t marked with a recycling code, making it difficult to know what type of plastic they’re made from. And many baby bathtubs are made with PVC (especially the inflatable ones).
But there is good news! It turns out that you can make a pretty safe choice just by looking at the style of the product:
- It’s probably made from non-leaching plastic (like polypropylene) if it’s hard and formed
- It’s probably made from safer fabric if it’s a machine washable sling-style bath or stuff pillow-like stuffed ring (see the Leachco products below)
- You can safely assume that all inflatable baths should be avoided, because they’re most likely made from PVC.
We’ve updated our list of options to include the latest models, as well as bath tubs that are stable enough to keep babies safe (skip those unstable bath tub ring seats!). Please note that we didn’t research each and every product made by a particular manufacturer, so don’t assume if one of their products is mentioned here that all of their other bath products are automatically BPA, PVC and phthalate-free too.
- PUJ Tub
- Boon Naked Collapsible Bathtub
- Stokke FlexiBath
- PRIMO EuroBath
- Original Tummy Tub Baby Bath
- Prince Lionheart washPOD
- Safety 1st Custom Care Modular Bath
- Leachco Safer Bather
- Leachco Bath n Bumper Tub
- Summer Infant Fold n Store Bath Sling
- 4Moms Infant Tub
- The First Years Infant To Toddler Tub with Sling
As always, we’ll be adding to this list as we learn about more great options 🙂
P.S. We’ve confirmed that the Puj Baby Bath is made from EVA foam that has been third party tested to ensure it’s free of formamide.