For the last two months the number one search term entered by our readers has been “toothbrush,” so we set out to locate BPA, PVC and Phthalate-free toothbrushes for the whole family. We were pleasantly surprised in many cases, and of course disappointed at the same time by the number of companies that wouldn’t even respond.
Here’s a preliminary list to get you brushing in non-toxic style! We found that most toothbrushes are made from polypropylene (#5) and nylon (for the bristles). We’ll continue adding to the list as we learn about more options.
- Green Sprouts: Finger Toothbrush, Baby Toothbrush and My First Toothbrush Set
- Preserve Jr. and Adult (made from 100% recycled plastic, including Stonyfield Farm® yogurt cups)
- MAM Teach Me Toothbrush Set
- RazBaby (made from 100% silicone)
- Nuby 3 piece set
- Kushies Baby Banana Brush
- Baby Buddy – Baby’s 1st Toothbrush (made from 100% silicone)
- Smile Brite (Bunnies and Child’s First)
- Kent Toothbrushes (all)
SafeMama found the following options as well:
- Oral B: carries a bevy of children’s toothbrushes, and we were pleased to find that ALL children’s toothbrushes are made with polypropylene (#5) plastic.
- American Red Cross Toddler Toothbrush 2 Pack: Polypropylene #5 (outer) TPA Krayton (inner) and have nylon bristles
- Infant to Toddler Oral Care Kit: Polypropylene #5 with nylon bristles; Infant Finger Brush: Silicone
Any purchase you make from The Soft Landing Shopping Guides helps to support our website, our research, and the free content we provide. If you have an Amazon login, it’s even easier to make a purchase. Thanks for browsing!