When your baby is starting to crawl and explore, we help make sure your home environment is safe. The Soft Landing offers in-home, one-on-one childproofing consultation and installation for parents in Kansas City, including Overland Park, Olathe, Leawood, Shawnee, Mission, Lenexa, Liberty and Lee’s Summit.
The Soft Landing team is fully insured and a member of the International Association for Child Safety, which means our safety consultants have taken and passed the association’s Home Hazards Test (HHT) which is based on a comprehensive curriculum about home hazards and prevention strategies.
The HHT is a benchmark examination for the professional childproofing industry. The HHT is based on a comprehensive curriculum that incorporates injury prevention information, trends and core childproofing concepts/techniques. Topics include:
- General Home Safety
- Burn, Fire & Electrical Safety
- Choking, Suffocation, Strangulation & Entrapment Safety
- Drowning & Water Related Safety
- Safety from Falls
- Poison Safety
- Safety from Tip-Overs.
All IAFCS members agree to abide by the IAFCS Code of Ethics. The HHT incorporates field applications of this Code.
Full Baby Proofing Assessment – $69
Are you overwhelmed and wondering where in the world to begin making your home safe?
- Are those gates, banister shields, or kitchen cabinet locks getting the best of you? We’ll come to your home to take measurements for your needs in any one area and provide specific product recommendations in any one area.
- We’ll bring a variety of locks for demonstration, explain why a particular style should be used on your drawers, and discuss the pros and cons of the various styles.
- You’ll receive an e-report with the child safety products that will work for your unique situation, including a list of quantities needed.
- If you give it a try and decide you need help, professional installation is available (see below).
Our full baby proofing assessment includes a walk thru of the areas to be proofed during which we will provide feedback of changes that should be made or products to be installed to make your home safe. We will demonstrate the various products that are available while explaining the pros and cons of each.
Areas covered: General Home Safety, Burn, Fire & Electrical Safety, Choking, Suffocation, Strangulation & Entrapment Safety, Drowning & Water Related Safety, Safety from Falls, Poison Safety and Safety from Tip-Overs.
You’ll receive a written assessment with exact product recommendations for the more difficult areas in your house, including links to retailers offering those products and additional safety tips for your reference.
We also specialize in safe and natural options for parents who are interested in reducing chemical exposure for their children. We go above and beyond in our effort to help you navigate the endless rows of baby safety products to choose top notch products made from the fewest toxic materials.
We can help! And we’ll even refund your babyproofing assessment fee if you decide to have our experienced childproofing installer handle your trickiest projects. Unlike the average handyman, if the job proves more difficult than anticipated, the price doesn’t change.
No other Kansas City company is insured specifically for childproofing and our installer has firsthand experience with the vast array of babyproofing products.
Contact Joanie Whitman at 913.815.0110 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.