Are you a specialist in your own green niche? Great! Contact Laura by email at email@example.com to submit an article for review.
What We’re Looking For
Posts should be previously unpublished and on topic (see below for examples of appropriate topics). We will accept some previously published posts of high quality, with permission from the copyright owner (please contact us and give us the link to the article for review).
While contributors to the Safe Living Guide maintain the copyright to all their work, we ask that you not post your submission anywhere else (including your own blog) for 90 days after publication on our website. This exclusivity adds value for our readers without our asking you to give us copyright on your work. Similarly, we will wait 90 days to republish any previously published article.
We are not accepting any advertising-related posts at this time (including affiliate codes, paid blogging, or referral links). You will, however, be able to include a link to your website in your bio at the end of each post.
- Posts should generally be from 300-600 words. We will entertain longer articles depending on the topic, or you might also consider breaking a long post into multiple posts or short series to keep readers looking forward to hearing more.
- Be sure to carefully proofread. We will send it back to you for further proofreading if it has a large number of spelling/grammatical errors.
- All posts should be accompanied by a mini-bio with about 2 sentences with a link to your website and a personal picture (a head shot of no more that 200px wide).
- Images within the blog post are always suggested. They should be no more than 500px wide and you must either own or have permission to use the picture. If it is a stock/free image, please provide a name/link to the owner.
- We reserve the right to edit and/or reject all submissions (but we will contact you first).
Suggested Topics (this list is not exclusive, so let us know if you have any ideas or upcoming projects that might fit well):
- Safer Product Finds
- Greening Your Home (baby’s nursery, interior decorating, DIY and green building projects, etc.)
- DIY recipes for natural, non-toxic products
- Green Cleaning Tips
- Ditching Disposables (diapers, take out containers, bottled water, waste-free lunches, etc.)
- Improving Indoor Air Quality
- Advocacy and Activism Opportunities
- News and Current Events Related to Safe Living Practices
Authors need to subscribe to the post to receive notifications of comments and to reply to comments as needed in a timely manner. Be sure to notify us of any issues with a specific commenter. We encourage thoughtful, mature debate on everything we post. That does not include profanity, poor spelling and grammar, personal attacks, off-topic comments, or hostility disguised by sarcasm.
Interested? Have questions or comments? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.