Who doesn't love meatballs? My family definitely does, so it was imperative that I come up with an equally awesome recipe when we cut out the gluten.
This gluten-free meatball recipe is enough for about 6 people. I also included a couple of ingredient variations for those of you on dairy-free and/or egg-free diets. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs ground grass-fed beef
- 2/3 cup rice flour or almond flour
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon whole root turmeric powder, optional (added for its excellent health benefits)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (omit for dairy-free version)
- 1 large egg (sub 1/4 cup water or broth for egg-free version)
Plus 1 large jar organic red sauce for cooking
- Combine all ingredients and form into meatballs.
- Spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce on the bottom of the slow cooker. Place meatballs into slow cooker one layer at a time with additional pasta sauce between layers and on top.
- Cook 5-6 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.
- Serve sauce and meatballs with mashed potatoes or gluten-free noodles.
On a side note, I usually make a double batch and freeze half for a later date. Meatballs freeze soooo nicely!