In breaking news, The Globe and Mail reported that Canada is expected to officially take a stance against the use of Bisphenol-a (BPA), making it the first regulatory body in the world to reach such a decision.
The conclusion by Health Canada that BPA is a possible threat, expected to be announced as early as tomorrow, will amount to one of the most important regulatory decisions regarding a single chemical in decades, and will put pressure on its counterparts at both the European Union and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to reconsider their approval.
As concerned parents, we created The Soft Landing blog in response to the lack of information about toxic plastics in children’s products in 2007. Our goal is to take the frustration out of finding safer alternatives in feeding gear. We’ve been providing in-depth research and product guides to help parents make informed decisions ever since. We thought it would be helpful to gather our BPA, PVC and Phthalate Free Guides together in one place to make your journey through the sea of toxic plastics a little easier.
Each of our Guides include research we obtained by contacting each and every manufacturer listed ourselves. They provided us with detailed lists of products that are free of BPA, PVC and Phthalates. We are adding to our research daily and continually update each of our guides to keep parents informed.
Latest posts by Alicia (see all)
- Safer Baby Bath Tubs and Seats - March 4, 2015
- New Crisco Certified Organic Coconut Oil Makes Waves in the Real Food Community - February 23, 2015
- How Do You Remove Fragrance Chemicals and Bad Odors in Used Electronics? - February 11, 2015
- How and Why to Avoid Toxic PVC (Vinyl) Plastic in Every Day Products - February 3, 2015
- How to Choose a Non-toxic Dishwasher - January 19, 2015
Check it Out
Natural Living Tips
- How and Why to Avoid Toxic PVC (Vinyl) Plastic in Every Day Products
- Formaldehyde-free Bamboo Toothbrush & Kitchen Supplies Shopping Guide
- How to Choose a Non-toxic Dishwasher
- Is BPS the New Mystery Chemical in BPA-free Cans, Dishes and Kitchen Appliances?
- The Ultimate Toxic-free Coffee and Tea Maker Shopping Guide