Oops – looks like our website took you down a rabbit hole!
Maybe you’ll find what you were looking for in our most popular articles below. If not, please give us a holler at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll point you in the right direction.
The Soft Landing Team
Just getting started on your journey to a safer, more natural home and finding it overwhelming? We know the feeling!
As they say, “Worried mothers do better research than the FBI” – and that’s exactly how we came to be the Non-toxic Ninjas we are today! We’ve been educating parents nationwide about how to reduce their family’s exposure to toxic chemicals since 2007 and we’ve put together some resources that will help you make simple changes for long lasting impact.
Get Started with the Following Important Changes
- Create a safe, non-toxic environment for your baby
- Avoid hidden chemicals in every day products
- Green your cleaning with powerful DIY recipes using safe, affordable ingredients from your kitchen pantry
- Ditch toxic plastics and do your own safer plastic research
- Filter your water to reduce exposure to chemicals like herbicides, pesticides, pharmaceuticals and heavy metals like lead, mercury, cadmium
- Avoid brominated and chlorinated flame retardants in foam furniture, baby gear, mattresses, electronics and appliances
- Choose a natural mattress (especially for your kids) or wrap your current mattress to contain off-gassing chemicals
- Ditch disposables like bottled water, polystyrene cutlery and styrofoam food containers and choose non-toxic, reusable food storage containers
- Eat naked whenever possible, choosing fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables over cans lined with BPA
- Avoid vinyl (PVC) plastic products to reduce exposure to lead, phthalates and other volatile organic compounds (VOC’s)
- Use our safer shopping guides to find the least toxic options available for products that come in contact with your family most often.