What the heck is a tea latte, you ask? It’s similar to a latte made with espresso, only it combines frothy milk with a concentrated brew of tea.
Trying to kick the coffee habit? Well let me tell you, this latte is a really tasty alternative that won’t leave you missing your morning cup of joe!
The Perfect Peppermint Mocha Tea Latte
- 8oz strong brewed Organic Heartburn Tea (this is my all-time favorite tea – awesome for natural indigestion and heartburn relief, but it’s also a scratchy throat and cough tamer too!)
- 2 tsp organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp organic vanilla bean powder
- 1/4 tsp organic peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup organic cream (or coconut milk for dairy-free)
- 1 Tbsp raw organic honey (or 1/8 tsp organic stevia for sugar-free)
- Optional: I love to add 1 Tbsp organic coconut oil and 1/2 scoop Vital Proteins collagen peptides for a super immune boost
- Add two tea bags to 8oz boiling water, cover and steep for 10-15 minutes
- While the tea is steeping, add all other ingredients to a medium saucepan and warm over low heat (this will give the cocoa and honey/stevia a chance to dissolve)
- Combine all ingredients using an immersion blender (see the safer kitchen appliances we recommend here).
And that’s it! The only thing left to do now is sip that frothy goodness knowing that you’ve just replaced coffee with healthy herbs instead!