That seems to be the question of the century! Almost ALL inflatable products are made from PVC, which can contain hormone-disrupting phthalates, lead and other nasty chemicals.
We’re a camping family, so it’s something we’ve been actively searching for over the last three years, and we finally hit the jackpot with six great options:
Kelty Sleep Eazy Air Beds are not only greener, they will stretch less, weigh less, and withstand higher levels of abrasion. They’re made from TPU and nylon.
The AeroBed Pakmat is made of PVC and phthalate-free polyester material and stores inside its own pump.
Made from TPU materials that contain no PVC or phthalates, Aerobed EcoLite is l is 40% lighter than standard PVC beds and is covered in soft polyester flocking.
That’s all we’ve been able to find in the world of inflatable mattresses. Have we missed any? We’ll update our list as we gather more info. And while we really, REALLY want one of these new PVC-free air mattresses, there’s no reason to toss one made from PVC until it’s time is up.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: Our articles may contain affiliate links and/or may be sponsored. Any purchase you make through our affiliate links helps to support our website, our research, and the free content we provide.
Latest posts by Laura (see all)
- Goddess Garden Safe Sunscreen is Perfect for the Entire Family - May 19, 2015
- DIY Neem Oil Eco-Pesticide Garden Spray - May 14, 2015
- Does the SckoonCup Really Work Like Everyone Claims? - May 11, 2015
- DIY Dandelion Citrus Lotion Bars with Homemade Dandelion-Infused Oil - April 27, 2015
- What’s Your Earth Hour Super Power? - March 25, 2015