A yeast infection is not a subject many care to discuss – or even admit they have fallen victim to. But the truth is that at some point, many of us have been affected by this unpleasantly itchy part of life. So how can you avoid those nasty, petroleum-based cream treatments?
This method might sound a little crazy, but it's a great way to tame the yeast beast. I’ve had so much success with this natural method that I haven’t had to worry about relying on standard treatments for years.
But as you know, I’m not a doctor, so check with your health care provider before trying anything new.
How to Treat Yeast Infection in Women
You can help get your system back in balance quickly and easily using this simple real food treatment. It’s not messy and it’s even safe for use during pregnancy, but remember that the key is to catch the infection early.
You'll need fresh, peeled, whole garlic cloves (poor man's antibiotic), high quality probiotic capsules or chewable wafers (powerful against yeast overgrowth) and organic coconut oil (antiviral, antibacterial, antimicrobial and antiprotozoal properties).
Directions for Use:
- First half of the day (for example breakfast to lunch) insert garlic clove into vagina. It will probably work its way down but just keeping pushing it up till time has expired. Read more about how to safely use garlic as a suppository at Midwifery Today.
- Then insert one probiotic capsule or wafer. It will dissolve, so no need to remove it. If you have purchased a flavored wafer, you may notice slightly tinted discharge. No need to worry, just a result of the dissolved wafer.
- Take 1 Tbsp of organic coconut oil with each meal (try this coconut oil if you don't like its natural flavor)
- Repeat this process for 3-5 days (although I’ve never had it take over 3 days to remedy the infection).
If you just can't stomach the thought of using the vaginal approach, try following the method below we've outlined for children.
Special Method for Children
To combat yeast infection in children, you'll need aged garlic, organic coconut oil and organic chewable probiotics. The best way to harness the yeast-fighting super powers of garlic is to eat it raw, but if your kids can’t tolerate that, go with Kyolic liquid instead (Mountain Rose Herbs also carries a great garlic extract).
Directions for Use:
- Everything is ingested by mouth for children. Start by taking ¼ tsp of garlic extract after morning and evening meals.
- After lunch meal have the child eat one acidophilus wafer.
- Take 1 tsp of organic coconut oil with each meal.
- Repeat daily until the infection is gone. This method can take a little longer.