Wow. I’ve been immersed in the world of environmental toxin hazards for years, but The Disappearing Male documentary was shocking. It has a Doomsday feel to be sure, but the dramatic increases in genital deformities, low sperm count, sperm abnormalities and testicular cancer in males can no longer be ignored.
We’re just beginning to see the fall-out of chemicals that go vastly unregulated and untested. While it’s true that we can’t avoid every chemical, we can – and should – avoid known endocrine disruptors. Carve out 45 minutes to watch this video and share it with others – we owe it to our children.
Background Info Provided by CBC on The Disappearing Male
“We are conducting a vast toxicological experiment in which our children and our children’s children are the experimental subjects.” Dr. Herbert Needleman
The Disappearing Male is about one of the most important, and least publicized, issues facing the human species: the toxic threat to the male reproductive system.
The last few decades have seen steady and dramatic increases in the incidence of boys and young men suffering from genital deformities, low sperm count, sperm abnormalities and testicular cancer.
Some researchers say that declining male fertility rates could be the first sign of extinction.
At the same time, boys are now far more at risk of suffering from ADHD, autism, Tourette’s syndrome, cerebral palsy, and dyslexia.
The Disappearing Male takes a close and disturbing look at what many doctors and researchers now suspect are responsible for many of these problems: a class of common chemicals that are ubiquitous in our world.
Found in everything from shampoo, sunglasses, meat and dairy products, carpet, cosmetics and baby bottles, they are called “hormone mimicking” or “endocrine disrupting” chemicals and they may be starting to damage the most basic building blocks of human development.
>> READ Nora Chute’s excellent take on this documentary on Healthy Child Healthy World’s blog.
Latest posts by Alicia (see all)
- Safer Baby Bath Tubs and Seats - March 4, 2015
- New Crisco Certified Organic Coconut Oil Makes Waves in the Real Food Community - February 23, 2015
- How Do You Remove Fragrance Chemicals and Bad Odors in Used Electronics? - February 11, 2015
- How and Why to Avoid Toxic PVC (Vinyl) Plastic in Every Day Products - February 3, 2015
- How to Choose a Non-toxic Dishwasher - January 19, 2015
Check it Out
Natural Living Tips
- How and Why to Avoid Toxic PVC (Vinyl) Plastic in Every Day Products
- How to Choose a Non-toxic Dishwasher
- Is BPS the New Mystery Chemical in BPA-free Cans, Dishes and Kitchen Appliances?
- Have You Heard of UV Light Systems for Purifying Water?
- 10,500 Reasons to Choose Your Personal Care Products Carefully