I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned it here on the blog, but I’m one of those gluten-intolerant people who suffers from dermatitis herpetiformis (DH), which causes an itchy, blistering rash in response to gluten intake. I’ve had an especially difficult time with my scalp and have spent years searching for a shampoo that doesn’t irritate my skin.
I know what you’re thinking – and yes, I’ve tried many, many homemade recipes and even going shampoo free, but I just haven’t found the right combination of clean, shiny and manageable.
Then Along Came thinksport
I’ve been challenging my friend Kevin, founder of thinksport, to put his scientific brain to the task and help solve my quandary. By George, I think he’s done it! He sent me his new concoctions about a month ago and I’ve been using them exclusively since then without a single flare up.
I love the way my hair looks and feels! The light scent isn’t overpowering like artificial fragrances can be, but leaves a fresh, clean smell that reminds me of tropical mango with a touch of summer.
The thinksport team is serious about honesty in labeling, so it’s a relief to know that there are no mystery chemicals waiting to pounce on my sensitive scalp.
And for those of you who are wondering: yes, it’s made without gluten.
Guy Tested and Mother Approved
It even works for all of the guys in my house! This is a BIG deal for us, because the minute I show up with “yet another gross smelling natural shampoo” it usually gets ejected from the shower after the first round. But not this one!
When I asked the boys whether they liked it, they gave that familiar non-committal shrug which is code for, “I may like it, but I’m not telling you because you’ll take my regular shampoo away.” So I just kept a stealthy eye on the bottle and saw that they were actually using it. Then one day last week my 15 year old son, Keagan, came bouncing out of the shower and said,
Hey mom, feel how soft my hair is. That new thinksport stuff is really awesome!
And thus, history was made in the Voorhies household. My guys FINALLY use non-toxic haircare!
Latest posts by Alicia (see all)
- Safer Baby Bath Tubs and Seats - March 4, 2015
- New Crisco Certified Organic Coconut Oil Makes Waves in the Real Food Community - February 23, 2015
- How Do You Remove Fragrance Chemicals and Bad Odors in Used Electronics? - February 11, 2015
- How and Why to Avoid Toxic PVC (Vinyl) Plastic in Every Day Products - February 3, 2015
- How to Choose a Non-toxic Dishwasher - January 19, 2015
Check it Out
Natural Living Tips
- How Do You Remove Fragrance Chemicals and Bad Odors in Used Electronics?
- How and Why to Avoid Toxic PVC (Vinyl) Plastic in Every Day Products
- Formaldehyde-free Bamboo Toothbrush & Kitchen Supplies Shopping Guide
- How to Choose a Non-toxic Dishwasher
- Is BPS the New Mystery Chemical in BPA-free Cans, Dishes and Kitchen Appliances?