Beautiful smoothie bowls make us swoon a little. With their vibrant colors, dairy-free goodness, and a creamy fruitiness, it's one of our favorite starts to the day.
They're surprisingly satisfying and offer a way to sneak veggies into your breakfast in one very quick fell swoop. And the great part is that breakfast no longer has to be a huge production. Nor does a quick, healthy breakfast have to be boring!
How to Make a Dairy-free Smoothie Bowl
This 5 minute smoothie bowl makes the perfect power breakfast with high quality fiber, protein and fat for staying power.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches (about 6 slices)
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1.5 cups organic spinach
- 5 ice cubes
- 1 cup cashew milk (learn to make your own super creamy cashew milk)
- Optional: 2 Tbsp grass-fed collagen peptides
- Add all ingredients except milk to a high speed blender
- Then pour the cashew milk in on top (NOTE: to make it easier to blend you can place the spinach, almond milk and avocado on the bottom instead of the frozen fruit)
- Blend until combined (you may need a tamper to press down the ingredients as this smoothie bowl is thick)
- Once combined, add your favorite toppings (try adding in strawberry basil syrup!)
- Makes one large or two small bowls
Want more smoothie bowl goodness? You've got to check out our friend Carissa Bonham's new book Beautiful Smoothie Bowls!