I have to admit that when I first caught wind of the smoothie bowl craze, it didn't draw me in at all. Honestly, the only think I could think about was everything I'd be “missing out on” (you know, like hearty protein that sticks to yer ribs ya'll!).I've always been a big breakfast kind of girl: fresh eggs with deep orange yolks from our own chickens with local, pastured bacon and a cup of steel cut oatmeal with tons of cinnamon.
But I was wrong — it turns out that smoothie bowls are a big hit for a reason! They're surprisingly satisfying and offer a way to sneak veggies into your breakfast in one very quick fell swoop. And the great part is that breakfast no longer has to be a huge production. Nor does a quick, healthy breakfast have to be boring!
How to Make a Dairy-free Smoothie Bowl That'll Stick to Your Ribs 🙂
This 5 minute smoothie bowl makes the perfect power breakfast with high quality fiber, protein and fat for staying power.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches (about 6 slices)
- 1/2 over ripe avocado
- 1.5 cups spinach
- 5 ice cubes
- 1 cup cashew milk (learn to make your own super creamy cashew milk)
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed collagen peptides
- Add all ingredients except milk to a high speed blender
- Then pour the cashew milk in on top (NOTE: to make it easier to blend you can place the spinach, almond milk and avocado on the bottom instead of the frozen goods)
- Blend until combined (you may need a tamper to press down the ingredients as this smoothie bowl is thick)
- Once combined, add your favorite toppings (I love adding strawberry basil syrup to mine!)
- Makes one large or two small bowls
Want more smoothie bowl goodness? You've got to check out our friend Carissa Bonham's new book Beautiful Smoothie Bowls!