We're constantly bombarded with complicated skin care products and their mind-boggling list of chemical ingredients which often leaves us wanting something pure, something we know will actually benefit our skin without any threat of harm. Well, it's easier than you think! We love this amazingly simple 3-ingredient brown sugar body scrub made with items we all have at home that gently treats and prevents skin problems including wrinkles, acne, psoriasis and seborrheic eczemas.
Brown Sugar Scrub Benefits
A gentle scrub a couple times a week not only encourages cell renewal for better looking skin, it also improves lymphatic drainage and circulation to help the body remove the toxins and impurities it works so hard to protect us from. The ingredients in this brown sugar scrub are equally as beneficial with a laundry list of skin-loving effects.
- Natural humectant which makes it excellent at retaining moisture, especially when used in skin care products, to keep the skin hydrated.
- Raw, unrefined honey is a rich source of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It's been used as a wound dressing for centuries and is a natural solution for acne prevention.
- Plentiful and natural source of glycolic acid which is the preferred treatment for aging skin. It's an effective and gentle treatment for other skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis, hyperpigmentation and seborrheic keratosis.
Glycolic Acid is the holy grail for exfoliation, effectively removing the outermost layer of dead cells from the complexion, revealing brighter, fresher skin.
We use raw honey from our 10 hives in many different ways! Here are a few of our favorite treatments for illness that incorporate the benefits of honey:
- How to Make Homemade Elderberry Syrup for Colds and Flu
- Antibacterial + Antiviral Sage Honey Cough Syrup with Lemon and Garlic
- 3 Herbal Teas to Soothe Cold and Stomach Flu Symptoms in Kids
- Bust that Sore Throat and Hacking Cough with 5 Simple Ingredients from Your Kitchen
- Reduce Inflammation with Creamy Non-Dairy Golden Turmeric Milk
- Potent antioxidant which helps prevent and reverse damage from ultraviolet radiation.
- Packed with skin-nourishing polyphenols and vitamins including A, D, K, and E.
External factors, such as the sun's rays, speed up aging by generating free radicals. Though cells are equipped with mechanisms that neutralize their action, it is possible to reduce cell damage by using inhibitors that lower the risk. One such natural inhibitor is olive oil, whose lipid profile is very similar to that of human skin.
- Softer than granulated sugar, it can generally be used on the face and sensitive skin without irritation.
- Provides superior exfoliation to encourage cell turnover and regeneration.
How to Make 3 Ingredient Brown Sugar Scrub
It's crazy easy and makes the perfect gift! Just grab your 3 ingredients and mix them together in a large bowl. Store in airtight containers for yourself, or give them to your loved ones this Christmas. Whoot!
We've also created a super easy, 4- ingredient eucalyptus oatmeal bath salts recipe for another immune boosting way to detoxify the body. So whip up a batch of our brown sugar scrub or bath salts and give your body a detoxifying boost!